Last week I got certified as a Splunk Power User! I took the online test after doing all the pre-required courses and passed it.
For those interested in getting certified, here are some tips:
- The test is free, but you have to take the required courses first, which are not free. When you register for the test, the Splunk people will check if you’ve taken the courses.
- After finishing the courses, don’t take too long to take the certification test. It’ll be easier for you to remember all the content, which is a lot.
- The test is not hard, but they ask about everything you saw in the required courses, so make sure you study everything.
- You can view all the required and optional courses here.
- After you pass the test, they give you a nice diploma and some cool badges you can use online.
Let me know if you have any questions about the certification.