Yesterday I got certified as a Splunk Admin! As I did last year when I got certified as a Splunk Power User, I will share some tips here for those of you who are interested in getting certified:
- The online test has 50 questions and they give you 60 minutes to complete it. You pass it with at least 75%.
- The test is free but the courses are not. You have to take the required courses first: Splunk System Admin (2 days) and Splunk Data Admin (3 days).
- The test has very specific questions. You can find most of the anwers to those questions in the System Admin and Data Admin courses.
- You can see all the required and optional courses here.
- The test has questions of multiple choice, fill in the blanks and mark all the options that apply.
- After you pass the test, they will give you a nice diploma and some cool badges you can use online.
Let me know if you have any questions about the certification.